It has been suggested that I do a post on some of the books which I have read but are quite `teenish`. These are the books and what they are about:
1.The Missing Trilogy: Girl Missing, Sister Missing and Missing me are really good books and they really draw you in. They are about a girl called Lauren who lives very happily with her mum and dad but as she gets older, and is given homework to write about the subject `who am I`, she starts to get more curious and all is not what it seems about her past.
2. Girl Online: This book is a novel written by the well-known YouTuber, Zoe Sugg a.k.a Zoella. It`s about a girl, Penny, who has to go to America for quite some time and has to leave her friends behind. Penny doesn’t want to go to America but she does not know what is in the future as she meets a boy and her life is turned around to a better life.
3. The Truth About Celia Frost: I know we are reading this book at the moment but I have finished this book already and it is one of my top three.
Our latest Book Club read introduces us to Georges (pronounced the French way), who is forced to live with a number of problems, including moving to a new home following his father’s redundancy, missing his mother while she works double shifts at the hospital to make ends meet and bullying from the “cool kids” at school.
When Georges meets the strangely named Safer and his eccentric family, he becomes involved in the world of espionage, as he joins Safer in observing the suspicious actions of the man living in the flat above. Before long, he is questioning things that he had previously taken for granted – can he also find the courage to face the great danger in which he finds himself?
Here are some questions that we put together to ask each other about this book.
1. Which character would you like to be and why?
2. Did you like the characters’ names and how they were spelt?
3. Which chapter was your favourite?
4. What did you think of the plot and ending?
5. Did you like the twist and why?
6 What did you expect to happen at the ending?
7. Did you like the author’s style of writing?
8. Would you read another book by this author?
What do YOU think????
Hello, my name is Hannah and I am Cat Royal’s sister. When she went to The Biggest Book Show on Earth she bought me a book by Lydia Monks called “Arrrrgh Spider” and I absolutely love it! I really loved the glittery page the best. Some other favourites of mine are the “Rainbow Magic” series by Daisy Meadows, I really like “Hannah the Happily After Fairy” because she has my name and in the Rainbow Magic Fairy Description website, she is like me a lot! Thank you for letting me do a blog, bye bye. xxx
Here we all are in our World Book Day costumes (minus one, who had to rush off for a Drama rehearsal.)
We worked really hard all day, to make it a fantastic day for everyone in the Junior School. We began by running our own Assembly, in which we talked about what we do in Book Club, the books we have enjoyed and invited everyone to come to the Library at lunch time for fun activities and competitions.
We were all kept really busy through the lunch break, handing out wordsearches, quizzes and drawing activities on Horrid Henry, Wimpy Kid and Jacqueline Wilson and giving out the special World Book Day books and £1 vouchers to everyone.
Everyone dressed up, including all the teachers – here are our Librarians getting in on the act!
We had a great day, but the fun still continues! You all have until lunch this Thursday, 12 March, to submit your entries for our drawing competition based on “There’s a Lion in My Cornflakes”. We will be judging the entries and choosing prizes at our next Book Club meeting!